Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Sandsave and his Crinoid Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palm wood in Oregon?  (Read 249 times)

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
Palm wood in Oregon?
« on: December 21, 2018, 04:18:24 PM »

found them,( Photos ) This is from Bill B. Barn fire in 1984. Ken W. an two others dug up the area where the foundation was of the barn.
over 50,000 lbs. was removed. in 2005 I bought some 5 tons. Bleach & rain, unknown grains.

Looks like Palm wood, What you think Gain to me unknown.
Though 65 million days or so ago.....this was encapsulated in over 600 Ft. of ash in the Sico,Oregon area.
In this ash bed i found complete leaves  with cell pattern &  vegetation intact all fiber of leaf in press.
This was at the top where the tree are up right in the rain of ash.  still looking for the root balls. i have found 1/2 of a crown head agatized in ash. 

Jack

Silicate life form

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Palm wood in Oregon?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:24:41 PM »

It does look like palm. As an alternative could it be a cast full of something that got silicified? I have bought nice cycad fossils from Oregon and I imagine palms could be found with later cycads as they are today.35 million years ago were they found together?

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
Re: Palm wood in Oregon?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 08:43:54 AM »

yes in 1984 dig, i cut the material. the 5 tons is from the barn site of Bill Belveals Family's  land. They held the door open for over 40 years of fee digging on their land.
   I have CDs  file to hunt through next to find the  leaf fossils photos, of the wood. I have found many up right trees in the area.
 The trees have  about 100 ft  between each tree. 

The formation of the ash beds in around Scio,Oregon are dated to 65 million.
Date change is from 1996, When i found the Larwood cr. full of fossil leaf intact!
North face is a wall of time over 600 Ft. high cut out with water falls included.
Ms. Elizabeth Orr,  run a pollen count of the ash i gave her in 1996. full of leaves in 4'' layers in large blocks.

The time Bill shouldn't of came by in a 1968 Porsche. sent Bill home 3'' lower.
Even though the  Holley Ore. is  30 miles south   of Scio,Ore. All the same encapsulation of ash.
  East of Salem is a rare ash flow from 240 million. Same day Siberia got covered in Basalt flow.
Valley floor is bed of wood chips. that breaks  like ice on the drop. Only The Black glossy glass looking material.

black agatized  wood is found in the area, Moh- of 6.8 & higher.
 The last word i got was ? Grape vine. Though no rings to read their. 

Silicate life form
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 28 queries.