Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Sandsave and his Crinoid Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More jasper from the Dead Camel Mountanis (pic heavy)  (Read 345 times)

VegasJames

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: More jasper from the Dead Camel Mountanis (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 07:01:08 AM »

Wow, those are some big pieces!  They look great.  I can't wait to see what's inside them.   :WEEEE:
Robin

melhill1659

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 04:53:34 PM »

Yep I Gotta Come Visit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasJames

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 07:29:35 PM »

Yep I Gotta Come Visit!!

Ah, so this is where you have been hiding. :LOLOL:

Unfortunately this one is about 7 hours away. Although I have a few really nice collection spots on the way as well. And they are higher elevations so it will not be 108F like the last time you came to visit. :icon_tongue:

melhill1659

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »

Yep I Gotta Come Visit!!

Unfortunately this one is about 7 hours away. Although I have a few really nice collection spots on the way as well. And they are higher elevations so it will not be 108F like the last time you came to visit. :icon_tongue:
Not hiding just crazy busy without being very productive I’m not scared of 108° shoot I didn’t even brake a sweat James.
YOU have Rocks... I WILL TRAVEL!  Another 7 after 20 something, does that really matter??? Awesome finds!! I gotta ask though, how did you get those huge ones back home?

VegasJames

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 09:56:11 PM »

Yep I Gotta Come Visit!!

Not hiding just crazy busy without being very productive I’m not scared of 108° shoot I didn’t even brake a sweat James.
YOU have Rocks... I WILL TRAVEL!  Another 7 after 20 something, does that really matter??? Awesome finds!! I gotta ask though, how did you get those huge ones back home?

It was pretty hard on Jax. She cannot take that kind of heat.  I have spent the day digging in 103F for 14 hours just kept a hat on and lots and lots of water before. But Jax likes a cooler temp.

It would be fun to camp up there for a couple of days and really spend time looking rather than a few hours like I normally do.

Those are not that big. Here is the big one from my previous trip, which is over 100 pounds.

20181105_152017 by James Sloane, on Flickr

20181105_152033 by James Sloane, on Flickr

20181026_152631 by James Sloane, on Flickr

I just picked it up and carried it to the truck. I am stronger than I look because I eat my Spinach Wheaties. :LOLOL:

The loads I backpack down from the mines all the time are more than that.

I did have to leave a big purple baskinite up there last time. Got as far as getting it out of the ground but did not even try to lift it. It has to be in excess of 200 pounds. Plan to get it in the truck next trip up. I just need to bring a couple of long 2X4s with me next time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 34 queries.