Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to auscarver and his Rhodonite Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Eggs  (Read 274 times)

Kaljaia

Big Eggs
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:05:35 PM »

Three more big ones from old military road, not as big as the dragon egg but decent size. The small knobby one is 11 pounds and hollow I think, the dark one is 16 pounds and the big one is 29 pounds. One of the many reasons why I appreciate the road being right beside and downhill from the bed.

I haven't decided what I am doing with them yet, but the 16 pounder might make a good sphere. It's from the very top of the bed and shows some quartz veining, but may also be a mostly solid jasper ball.

- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon. 90% of what I post is from this area, from private property where I have permission to hike and collect. The material I find is for personal use only, I do not have landowner permission to sell. Thanks for understanding!

Stonemon

Re: Big Eggs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 08:24:00 PM »

I have a 24" saw over here on the McKenzie if you run out of options!  :dontknow: Just sayin'

Bill

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:56:19 AM »

Looks good. Normal winter down there?

Kaljaia

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

Looks good. Normal winter down there?

Kinda, still too dry but potential big snow storm this weekend, still too uncertain of a forecast to tell. Just finishing a great week of false spring though. 50's and sunny for a few days. The roads dried out enough to get up to the egg bed.
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon. 90% of what I post is from this area, from private property where I have permission to hike and collect. The material I find is for personal use only, I do not have landowner permission to sell. Thanks for understanding!

Kaljaia

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 01:10:05 PM »

I have a 24" saw over here on the McKenzie if you run out of options!  :dontknow: Just sayin'

Thanks for that! Still a bit far but I may take you up on that someday :)
- Erika

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 32 queries.