Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Sandsave and his Crinoid Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 205 times)

azuritemike

• Colorwright.com
Introduction
« on: May 13, 2019, 05:52:15 PM »

Hello everyone my name is Michael Beck I live in Sedona az I'm from a small town outside of buffalo ny. I moved to Tucson in 1995 and Tucson being mecca for this rockhounding world I was blessed enough to know what the word lapidary ment and saw an ad in the paper and was hired with no experience and taught to cut cabs on a production basis. They stopped cutting and I kept on picking up most of there customers. I have been cutting ever since. This is getting a bit long so I will end it here thanks everyone for running this forum and I hope to get a chance to be an active participant.

Michael Beck

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »

Hi Michael and welcome from Chino Valley!  Glad you joined us.  Show us your rocks!  We absolutely love pictures around here.   :hello:
Robin

Stonemon

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 06:57:13 PM »

Welcome from Western Oregon! Great you have had the chance to cut. Do show us your stuff!

Bill

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 08:08:23 AM »

Welcome to the forum!

What a great story - someone who actually started making a buck doing this right from the beginning!

Side note - I was in Rochester for Thanksgiving of '77. Something like four feet of snow in just a day or two.

Like Robin (I'm her husband) said, we're just on the other side of Mingus from you. Hope you'll visit our club's show in Prescott Valley so we can say hello in person.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 01:36:44 PM »

Welcome from the Pacific northwest.

ileney

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 02:36:04 PM »

Welcome from Maine!!

azuritemike

• Colorwright.com
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 11:34:27 PM »

Thank you all for the kind welcomes. I have visited your Prescott show the last couple years I usually stop by there to see mr presmyc. My wife,son, new business partners, and I just joined the Sedona club. I find it incredibly refreshing because we are the young ones there in our mid 40's. Dont worry to much however My teenagers dissuade us from feeling to young. Thanks again for all the welcomes

Michael Beck

VegasJames

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 02:48:45 AM »

Welcome from Southern Nevada.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 08:00:22 AM »

Cool. Les joined the Prescott club this year. Pretty sure we've seen you around. Our booth is diagonally across that central intersection from Les's booth. Also, Robin and I have been customers of both John and Rob over the years, and we'll be looking forward to doing business with you from time to time.

You should give a little background on what you're up to these days. Anyone who got the kind of endorsement that John gave for you will be a great addition to the membership here.

You won't get booted from the forum if you talk about your current ventures before you have fifty posts. You can even put website links in your signature line if you want - and we'll all still talk to you just like any other rockhead, er, hound.

Hope to see you in August... .
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 44 queries.