Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to auscarver and his Rhodonite/Jasper Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quartzite 2020  (Read 79 times)

Ryaly2dogs

Quartzite 2020
« on: December 04, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »

I am planning on making my first trip to Quartzite this coming January (yay!).  Looking at the calendar, there are lots of slots to choose from.  My goal is to purchase rough from vendors to take home and work with.  I know of others are thinking of going during the Pow Wow which occurs from 15th-19th.  Curious which weekend may be most desirable from all you seasoned veterans out there?!?

thanks in advance.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: Quartzite 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 02:54:06 PM »

I mentioned in another post I always attend twice.  I go at the beginning of the month to get material before it is high graded.  An Example would be the Aussies in Desert Gardens.  They always bring large skids of material at one and the other Aussie has numerous barrels of rough.  If you wait till the Pow-Wow these are picked over and the best pieces are gone.  If you are looking for something specific then going early is best.  I go the beginning of the Pow-Wow to hit known vendors and pick up some of the specialty things I might be looking for.  If I had to go once I would choose the Pow-Wow opening and take my chances that there are still some good material that hasn't been picked clean from Desert Gardens and Tyson in addition to getting the fresh material at Pow-Wow.

Jhon P

Re: Quartzite 2020
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 05:26:25 AM »

The first time I went I showed up at the desert gardens the first week and all of the venders were not there yet or not set up. So now I wait till the second week and if I time it right I can catch the first day of the POW Wow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 31 queries.