Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best and cheapest way to mail a cab  (Read 194 times)

Mossagatemac

Best and cheapest way to mail a cab
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:14:11 PM »

Now that many of us are under stay at home orders, I was going to send some cabs to friends to wire wrap in isolation.  Question is, what have you found the cheapest way to send a cab in the mail?  Still a noob but cabs are getting better!

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Best and cheapest way to mail a cab
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:11 PM »

I have had padded packages crushed by the usps and the stone reduced to dust I use very small reinforced card board boxes and post first class.

55fossil

Re: Best and cheapest way to mail a cab
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »

Box is best, agreed.  BUT   I shipped about 200 cabochons last year. Padded 7 x 5 inch envelopes (yellow bubble wrap mailer). I also give the cabochon an additional wrap of bubble wrap and tape a copy of the shipping label to this before putting it in the mailer. If it gets torn open the inside packet still can be sent from this additional label. I have never had a complaint or lost shipment with this. For overseas I have used the next larger size bubble wrap mailer.
    I buy the mailers in bulk on line, about 50 cents each. Shipping in the USA runs from 2 to 3 bucks each time so it is not cheap. I have found my sales are much better since I offered free shipping.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 32 queries.