Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turquoise from Greece  (Read 358 times)

Antonis333

Turquoise from Greece
« on: March 15, 2021, 12:59:33 PM »

I'm sure that many lapidarists here know that a dremel does nice creativities! So, here are some of my creativities (Turquoise from my country) by my dremel! A heart piece and 2 freeform cabochons....it's time for impact of Greek material among the huge American material in that website  :laugh:
As you see clearly in first picture (heart), you observe that this piece needs stabilization with a resin. Not all pieces need that stabilization, but a lot of them.

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Turquoise from Greece
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 03:40:38 PM »

That's a good way to start educating us about Greek material. Turquoise is one I would not have thought of.

I guess most turquoise is the same now - I've read that about 95% of it on the market has been stabilized or dyed.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 07:00:27 PM »

Very nice, did you collect it yourself?  I had no idea of Turquoise from Greece!

Antonis333

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »

That's a good way to start educating us about Greek material. Turquoise is one I would not have thought of.

I guess most turquoise is the same now - I've read that about 95% of it on the market has been stabilized or dyed.

Yes, it's true about 95% of them need stabilization. Fortunatelly, I have found very good quality pieces which don't need stabilization! Actually, turquoise deposit is located just near the village Vathi of Kilkis prefecture and it's the only (unique) deposit of my country for turquoise. See the link below to see this deposit.

https://www.mindat.org/loc-304724.html

I will post also some pictures of my finds from my hunting soon!

Very nice, did you collect it yourself?  I had no idea of Turquoise from Greece!

Of course! These are my finds  :angel9:

Antonis333

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »

1st pic is me in front of a small pocket with my box of my finds near me and 2nd is some of my finds, a mix of turquoise and malachite. Not bad!  :blob1:

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 04:42:43 PM »

I see one piece in your box that looks solid and fantastic.  The rest all still look great and nothing wrong with some stabilized Turquoise that is self collected!!!   grats

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »

Yeah, nice!

We live in Arizona, but I don't know of anywhere we can go to collect any turquoise that nice near where we live.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 39 queries.