Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 416 times)

OldeTimeDC

Saying Hello
« on: March 24, 2021, 09:40:52 AM »

Just a simple "Hello"......just joined but been around forever. I'm a Watch and Clock Maker with many interests, one of which is Geology/Lapidary. I also restore old vintage machinery (from all trades) which right now I'm working on a Frantom 18" slab saw. I might post some progress pics once I figure out where to post it. Also need to ask a couple questions on one if there's anyone here who has one. Maybe message me? Anyway looking forward to hearing from anyone.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »

Welcome . Where you from?

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 02:03:36 PM »

S. California

Stonemon

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 05:09:13 PM »

Howdy from western Oregon.
I have a Frantom 24" which is very similar to you saw. If there is anything i particular I can be of help with, let me know.

Bill

kent

• Fine Woodwork and Lapidary
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 05:20:11 PM »

Hello from Napa !. Progress pics are always welcome and can benefit those that need machinery break down photos.

Pics are easy to post if you pre-size them. I use "Pix-resizer"  https://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/

It's free software and easy to use. I usually go to 450 x 600 which posts well on this site.

I don't know if there is a post tutorial on this site but if you have trouble posting yell out and someone will help.

Cheers !

Kent

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 07:13:56 PM »

Welcome from Seattle area!

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:42:41 PM »

Hello from Napa !. Progress pics are always welcome and can benefit those that need machinery break down photos. Pics are easy to post if you pre-size them. I use "Pix-resizer"  https://pixresizer.en.softonic.com/ It's free software and easy to use. I usually go to 450 x 600 which posts well on this site. I don't know if there is a post tutorial on this site but if you have trouble posting yell out and someone will help. Cheers ! Kent

Appreciate the offer but I already know what to do since I'm not new to forums.....I'm just a "newbie" here. But I'm not afraid to ask if I have any problems...thanks 

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 11:16:14 PM »

Howdy from western Oregon.......I have a Frantom 24" which is very similar to you saw. If there is anything i particular I can be of help with, let me know.

Thanks Stonemon......once I start the progress thread I might look you up........the saw I have is approx a 1950s model but the badge and model plates arent there but I have talked to Diamond Pacific (Highland Park wasn't alot of help) and got some questions answered. I usually do lots of research and pics before I do any disassembly and try to obtain manuels with Parts breakdown to see what was original and what was monkeyed with from a past owner. It will be slow going since I already have several projects in the works......this saw, a vintage 14" Delta wood and metal bandsaw with art deco base...ca 1950, Rockwell 12" Disc Sander ca 1962 and a Rock Island #574 Vice...ca 1940-1950s, I found in like new shape to upgrade/retire my other one in my shop.

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 11:58:12 PM »

......And just in case anyone assumes I'm new to Gems and Minerals......here's some of my Sphere Collection

20210324_233408A.jpg
*20210324_233408A.jpg (124.62 kB . 940x487 - viewed 41 times)

OldeTimeDC

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 03:36:26 AM »

As I said I would......I started my Frantom Rock Saw Restore thread here:

http://lapidaryforum.net/group/index.php?topic=5948.msg43702#msg43702

VegasJames

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 11:52:42 PM »

Welcome from Las Vegas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 47 queries.