Copied and pasted from the other site i started this hobby frequenting.
This was a couple years ago.
But we need the topics here.
My nephew called and asked me to make a ring for his wifes birthday present.
I mentioned ethiopian opal (never again) three expensive pieces of opal shattered & i am out $50+
I had this brazilian opal, backed it with Washington State volcanic obsidian from Columbia river in Vancouver Wa that i hounded awhile ago.
that Ethiopian crap in tempermental and i am not set up to deal with soft and tempermental objects so that part of my hobby is overwith.
heres what i ended up with, has a beautiful purple blue hue with a gift of fire on one end.







I really hope she likes it, my nephew doesnt like buying blood stones or jihad stuff he said. so in that respect and him seeing my new pictures on my facebook he asked me to put something together. they live in Oklahoma so there will be a huge amount of sunshine to make this ring come to life.