Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Richardson's Ranch closes collecting  (Read 1340 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Richardson's Ranch closes collecting
« on: August 26, 2020, 08:46:57 PM »

I was talking with SoCalAgatehound today and mentioned to him that while checking out the Sanders on their website I noticed that they have permanently closed collecting on the ranch.  Hadn't see anything here so thought I might mention it in case people hadn't heard.

They say they are now digging the material themselves to supply the store where you can still buy the material.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: Richardson's Ranch closes collecting
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 07:25:39 PM »

People were dropping their kids and leaving for ten or more hours. People have become abusive and take advantage. If you want to buy their amazing rough of all types I would plan to go soon as I suspect they might not be there many more years as they are getting older and the ranch land in the area is being converted to houses. A wonderful place.

Felicia

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 02:35:40 PM »

I was working in a borders books for a little while, and people would bring their kids, rather young, and leave them in the kids section and go shopping in another store. 10 hours alone on the ranch, incredible!

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 07:21:05 PM »

I am sure you know more about the ranch and area than I but I have heard stories for years ""collecting place A" is all built over and houses and apartments now."  When I know for a fact there wasn't a house within 9 miles of the collecting area.  They said this about Horse Canyon, and the Bloody Basin in Arizona along with others.  I am pretty sure with the way people are wanting to go rural that it will happen but looking at the satellite images of Where Richardson is there is a whole lot of ranch and farm land and you have to scroll trying to find a house let alone a development.  If anything the age of the owners will be the bigger issue and like what happened to my lovely ranches in Texas where an owner dies and the surviving one can't manage it alone or the kids have to pay taxes on the inherited value of the land and find it is so much that they have to sell part or all of the ranch to pay taxes.   The new owners can come in and be anti rockhound and this is what happened ion Texas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 29 queries.