Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ideas for a 'crossfeed' rock vise for a 10 inch Harbor Freight tile Saw?  (Read 179 times)

Stoneman456

I have a Harbor Freight 10" Tile Saw with an Agate Cutter blade and use water for cutting.  The saw cuts extremely well, but I want to mount a cross-feed rock vise to the moveable saw table and use a rope/pulley/weight system to auto feed the rock through the blade for uniform slabbing.  Have any of you built a cross-feed vise for such a tile saw table or have any ideas on how to do so? If so, would you be so kind as to photograph it or write how you built it?  The tile saw table is on rollers, so I need is a good rock vise with a cross feed screw mechanism so I can repeat cut slabs without having to reposition the rock in the vise for every cut.  Any ideas or plans would be appreciated.  I have looked at cross-feed drill press vises, but they sit too high to work.  I have also considered purchasing a Covington vise for their 10 inch saw, but the price is $225 plus shipping, which is above my budget for something so simple.  Thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts.

Stonemon

Welcome to the forum!

Bill

Stoneman456

Thanks Bill.  I used to have an 18 inch slab saw and unfortunately had to sell it when we moved.  Wished I had never sold it!  Am trying to get the wet 10 inch tile saw slabbing if I can build a cross-feed rock vise for it, which should not be too difficult since the table rolls forward and backward.  All I need is to build a screw adjuster to push and pull the vise for slab cuts so I do not have to reposition the rock in the vise for every cut.  Maybe someone in the forum has built something that works.  Who knows.

Best Wishes,

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 27 queries.