Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macro cab shots with new setup (minus remote shudder release)  (Read 2715 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Macro cab shots with new setup (minus remote shudder release)
« on: October 20, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »

After my outing to shoot the comet I have misplaced my remote shudder release.  These shots are tripod shot with a 50mm macro and a 36 extension tube.   This was just playing around with setup and a couple of the images are a bit shaky but I can do better.  Just wanted to try it out rather than shooting with my old coolpix.  I will only post one full pic to show the area of macro

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
Re: Macro cab shots with new setup (minus remote shudder release)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 02:02:45 PM »

Marvelous! Isn't there a timer option on your camera? You don't need the remote shutter release. My Oly even has an option to close the shutter once you trigger it, then wait a few seconds before exposing.

Sorry if I am kicking at an open door.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 02:13:24 PM »

NP at all and you are right, I did use the timer but it is only about 5 to 8 seconds and I prefer longer to avoid camera shake.  Sitting on the inverted tripod and then pressing the shutter gets things moving.  I held the camera with both hands and I pressed the shutter and then gently released the camera.  I did keep the camera as close to the top of the legs to keep the highest stability. Super close or super far and shake gets magnified as you know.

Felicia

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »

Thanks for the pictures.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 33 queries.