Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Sandsave and his Crinoid Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kaleidoscope Jasper  (Read 826 times)

Grinder69

Kaleidoscope Jasper
« on: October 24, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »

As I return to the hobby I notice Dale  Rhodes made quite a find of jasper that looks very interesting.  He seems to want quite a bit for it big lots and high per pound and I am wondering what the consensus of the group is about how well it cuts.  If it cuts as well as it looks then maybe I will take a flier.

thanks  Mike

The Wild Ginger

Re: Kaleidoscope Jasper
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 09:52:28 AM »

Ive personally bought K-Scope from both Dale and his Son on their front yard. Both are extremely nice folks with incredible material. I absolutely love the stuff that they pull out! Intense patterns and takes an incredible shine. In the future, I plan on buying some of his high end flame K-Scope.....should cost me a pretty penny lol. If you're wary, just buy a slab or two to see if it suits your tastes. Facebook has a couple of groups that have folks that sometimes put slabs of it up for auction. I myself will be putting up one last slab for my final auction this season on Saturday. 

Helene Fielder

• Administrator
    • Helene Fielder Sculptures
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:52:40 PM »

I purchased a lot of his jasper, but was not very excited when it arrived. Seemed the pattern color was subtle with not enough contrast.  i know I should cut some before making judgment.  I've leaned that beauty is sometimes learned.
Helene

Grinder69

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »

Where does he live in Oregon?  Maybe I will go down there and I can pick from a pile.  Some of that stuff certainly looks pretty exciting. I would much rather pick rough than let somebody else pick it for me. 

RegardsMike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 30 queries.