Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to hummingbirdstones and her Picasso Marble Cab!

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin?  (Read 332 times)

Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin?
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:34:40 AM »

I know that Illinois is pretty much of a non rock hound state as it is pretty much illegal. I don't really want to break the law or do any serious digging  to get me in trouble but I do go to Lake Michigan and pick up rocks there. I think that might be illegal too but I really can't see anyone giving me me much of a hard time for a couple of rocks in my pocket.  Most of them are pretty uneventful though. Does anyone here know where I might be able to go near me to find rocks with color or cool patterns in them? We don't really have any real mountains near me. I would be interested in finding an arrowhead as well. For certain I don't want to disturb a viable archeological dig or site either. Those studying the site need to see all that they can to determine just what went on there.

• Rock Hoarder
  • Administrator
  • I'll cut anything once; twice if I like it!!!
Re: Northern Illinois, Southern Wisconsin?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »

I have a bunch of fossilized coral and brecciated something or other type rocks from a sphere maker I made a trade with once upon a time.  He collected them from Lake Michigan but I can't remember what state he lived in now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 26 queries.