Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to denverkris and her Stinking Water Plume Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a new motor for my 6" saw  (Read 317 times)

Bluetangclan

Re: Need a new motor for my 6" saw
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »

Since I was on ebay checking your link, my wife is on board with me getting a new saw. Money isnt tight but we have a lot to spend on since I just got back from deployment. How is this saw?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Covington-6-Rock-Trim-Saw-Lapidary-Glass-New-497fsm/201604579602?hash=item2ef091c112:g:X-4AAOxyfSpSTZYc:rk:32:pf:0

It seems a bit more robust than a hitech with a bigger motor.

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Need a new motor for my 6" saw
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 06:58:34 AM »

Have never used a Covington, but any trim saw like this with a "swamp cooler" motor that's easily replaced is good.

Here's another option: https://www.kingsleynorth.com/skshop/product.php?id=94066&catID=1036

We have the Rock Rascal here, and the cutting table is small but acceptable. The rim around the Covington table is lower, but a piece of plastic cutting board laid inside the rim works if you have a longer slab. Space between the front of the blade and the splash guard will be an issue with either one at times.

If you're willing to shop around for a while for a used 6" you might find a different brand with a larger table. We have an old Raytech here that I really like. More working area around the blade will be worth shopping around for.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 28 queries.